- Springfield: Stephanie Shimp Named Virginia Winner in Patricia Behring Teacher of the Year Competition 0 comments
- Springfield: Lee High School Report 0 comments
- Area Crime Reports 0 comments
- Burke and Springfield: Community Joins Together to Bid for a Cause 0 comments
- Burke and Springfield: Robotic Team Excels, Needs Support 0 comments
- Burke and Springfield: Local Students Do Well at National Japan Bowl 0 comments
- Free Cab Rides on Cinco de Mayo
- County Budget Approved
- Springfield: April Neighborhood Development Outlook Update
- Fairfax Station: Fourth annual Fragile X walk raises $55,000 for molecular bank for research
- State of the County Presented Over Breakfast
- Burke: Undefeated Lake Braddock Softball Blanks T.C. Williams
- West Springfield's Djonkam Earns Fairfax South MVP at Nova Challenge
- Fairfax: Woodson Girls’ Lax Dominates Lake Braddock in Second Half
- West Springfield Boys' Basketball Focused on ‘Big Prize’
- 6A North Roundup: Westfield, Battlefield Advance to Tournament Final
- Letter: Budget Reflects Commitment to Education
- Commentary: Breaking the Cycle of Crime with Treatment Instead of Jail
- Letter: Bulova Leads Progress Toward Springfield Senior Center
- Editorial: More Voters Might Not Mean Much More Voting
- Editorial: On the Guilty Plea of Adam Torres
- Summer STEM Academy at NOVA
- Lawmakers Wrap-up Richmond Legislative Session
- Del. Filler-Corn Champions New Laws Preventing, Combating Sexual Assault
- Burke, Fairfax Station, Springfield and Mount Vernon legislators reflect on battles won, lost and tabled after General Assembly “Crossover”
- Editorial: Bad Bills
Springfield: Stephanie Shimp Named Virginia Winner in Patricia Behring Teacher of the Year Competition
Stephanie Shimp, who teaches social studies at West Springfield High School, is one of two teachers in Virginia named a state winner in the Patricia Behring Teacher of the Year competition, sponsored by National History Day.
To the Editor
The April 21-27, 2016 edition included an article discussing the Supervisors’ approval of a 4-cent tax increase as part of an overall budget. T
The Bonefish Grille parking lot area has been approved by the Lee District land use committee and Fairfax County planning commission for construction of several new mixed use structures: Ground level would be retail with residential above.
On Friday, April 22, a group of second- and seventh-grade students gathered in the gym at St. Bernadette School in Springfield to hear from guest speakers Christopher Bonneau and Chris Pares, who are explosive ordinance disposal technicians at Joint Base Andrews.
Jimi Grande of Fairfax Station may never get to teach his ten-year-old son Jimmo to throw a baseball. Jimmo was born with effects from an inherited genetic mutation called Fragile X that can cause moderate to severe mental impairment and learning disabilities, and is linked to autism spectrum disorder.